Wednesday, February 8, 2006

The Stuff that keeps Arianne sane

Arianne writes:

It's very odd when I find myself not running around with my head barely on... but today I have found myself with time to do things I love to do.... and as I was cooking dinner I said to myself "Self, share with the world what you have been doing." So here I am to share with you... about my cooking, my reading, and knitting fun.


Today I decided to make a Soup for dinner. So I looked on www.kraftfoods.com and found 2 recipes (Spiced Apple - Butternut Squash Soup and Carrot Soup). I decided to combine the two to make a Spiced Apple and Carrot soup. Right now I am waiting for Kevin to get home and try it.

I think I am going to serve it with my now Famous "Dottie's Bakes Spiral Bites". I took these to a New Years Eve party and people said they were good. Lucy could not stop eating them... so I changed the name in honor of her character in Noises Off! I think these are not only yummy appetizers but also a new way to put a different spin on the grilled cheese sandwich.

I am currently reading "Bone Thief". Kevin and I saw this book at Barnes and Noble last month and decided to give it a try for our monthly book club. Right now I am on page 55 so I really can't tell you much about it other than I am still reading it... ROFL... and that its about a Serial Killer...

I am also currently knitting a baby blanket for my soon to be born Nephew. Its a checkered pattern blanket... and right now I have completed 6 (5 complete knitting and pearling rows in each row set) sets. I think its going to take me at least 30 to finish the blanket... Hopefully I will get it done before I come home and visit the baby.

I am also listening to Michael Buble's CD that Hallmark was selling for the Valentines Holiday.

I just wish there were more days like this...

No comments: