Thursday, October 25, 2007

Signing my life away!


For the past month an a half there has been a lot of stress, frustration, anger... and today I finally got to drive that all away.

When the prelude was stolen on my birthday I felt like our entire financial plan was turned upside down. We would now have a car payment. We need to think about where we were living. The debt we wanted to get out of will be there for a tad bit longer.

Since I saw the movie "Italian Job" I have wanted a Mini Cooper. And today I went to the dealership, with the settlement from the Prelude, and looked for a new car.

I am still not ok with getting a new one. I loved the Prelude. I still want to drive that car.... But I finally get the chance to say... that's MINE! I bought that! :) We could have gotten something more practical or less in cost. But I am thankful that Kevin insisted on getting this car. I will enjoy driving it as much as I enjoyed driving the Prelude. Kevin drove me to the dealership and told me I had to pick one out! That we were not leaving with out a Mini Cooper.

After looking at all of the cars on the lot I noticed that Kevin kept looking at the Blue one in the show room. It was an S model. It had everything that I wanted (except for XM radio) and even included things I didn't want. It was a demo car with some miles on it... but it still looked brand new. I kept looking at it... I really wanted a red, black, or white one... not BLUE! But the more I stood there looking at the car... it made me smile! I couldn't help but feel happy! They kept asking if I wanted to sit inside it... and I just said no. I was stuck looking at it's blue. And for the first time since the prelude was taken I wasn't angry looking at a car... I just raised up my hands and said in my best game show voice "SOLD"! That car was coming home with me!

On the way home I saw a black Honda Prelude... I thought it was mine... my heart skipped a beat... I held my breath... but for the first time I felt torn. I wanted my car back... but I didn't want to give the Mini up! I watched it drive away.

After I got home I started to read my cars info and realized this car was supposed to be mine. This car (that I now call Emma) arrived at the Miami Port on my Birthday!

No comments: