Monday, October 11, 2010

Single Mom for the Weekend

This weekend is almost over. It's 6am and I've been up for an hour waiting (like a little kid for Santa) for Kevin to call. I was very nervous about being the only one to take care of the baby and how I was going to cope. The anxioty leading up to Friday was insane. I actually found myself an emotional rollercoaster for the past week just because I was really worried about how I was going to do.

Well... I'm proud to announce. We made it! And we made it without an emotional breakdown.

I have to give a major thank you to Manny and Yannery (& Ian) for coming over Saturday and watching Ainsley. This allowed me to go teach. I'm also glad Sommer and her mom stayed over Saturday night. And Faride allowed us to come over for dinner Friday night.

I was also surprised that everyday someone asked me to work for them. But it was nice to have an easy out. I can't Kevin is on the cruise.

I was worried I wasn't gonna be able to handle her all by myself with out anyone to assist/ relieve me if it got bad. Ainsley was amazing. She was such a good girl. The only fussy time she had was when we were at the party.
I think it helped me to have something planned for each of the days Kevin was gone. Almost like I had back up if needed. Also planning her favorite things to do and ending our days before normal time also helped out a lot. I would start bath time earlier and we played more in the tub. But that also had her falling asleep earlier so I didn't have to fight her to go to sleep. Plus when I put her in bed I went to bed too so I felt like I was more rested and able to deal with whatever she sent me.

This weekend has proved to me that I could do this! And... It also made me very thankful for all Kevin does and ready to have him back home!

But I will be very proud to say "we had a great weekend!" when Kevin asks...

No comments: