Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm a S'more-aholic


I admit it. I love S'mores! Love them. Maybe it's because they remind me of my childhood. Or maybe it's because they are so gosh darn delicious. Whatever the reason... I love them.  So it is no wonder to me that I am addicted to them. Heck, I even collect them. I mean our Christmas Tree has multiple ornaments and S'more Garland. And I even have Salt and Pepper S'mores Shakers with a Graham Cracker stand. And "Marshmallow World" isn't my favorite Xmas song just because I love the Rat Pack. Nope... I am addicted!   

So when it came time to put together a little treat for the kids this Thanksgiving... (You see after dinner at the Nelson-Montet house we go outside - gotta love South Florida weather- and watch a movie in the backyard.) ... I thought ... what would be more perfect than watching a movie and eating S'mores?
Nothing!!!! Right? 

I went to Target tonight to pick up the items needed to make little S'mores kits for all of the kids.  And that's when I saw it... StackerMallows!  Flat Marshmallows made for easy melting for toaster ovens and microwaves. Can we say... Genius!  I had to buy them and of course eat some tonight.

And thanks to Pinterest I have the S'more on the brain 24/7.  This site was already causing me to lose hours of my life looking at craft and food things I want to make.... but not a day goes by where I don't find another S'mores recipe I "MUST" try.  Right now my list has 4 that I can't wait to make: S'mores Bars, Frozen S'mores Parfaits, S'mores Cookies (where I learned August 10 is National S'mores Day - which I will be celebrating next year!), and last but not least.... S'mores Popcorn.  

And I am sure (thanks to Pinterest) my list is sure to grow... Good thing I stocked up on Chocolate, Marshmallows, and crackers tonight.  
        


No comments: