Friday, January 25, 2008

Colleen going to school... across the Pond!

Arianne writes:

"Its good to be patient"... or so I try to live by... but sometimes its just too gosh darn hard! I even try to tell myself that "things will all work out in the end" and "there is a reason for everything"...
sometimes I even spread that wisdom on to friends. And its nice to see that some of the times those bits of wisdom may be right on.

Today I am on cloud 9... and not because of anything that has happened to me. No. Today we celebrate (after 2 years of frustration) our friend Colleen has the opportunity to get her Masters at the University of College of London! I don't think I could be any more prouder of her if she were my very own flesh and blood. And even though I will miss her bunches - the frustration I know that has been building up in her is being released.... and celebrated over Tasty Adult Beverages!
Colleen's frustration reminds me of my own (4 years ago) before moving to Miami. There is a feeling of greatness that you are unable to achieve. No matter how hard you try to reach for it - it just slips through your fingers. Sometimes its like being in your own personal hell, knowing what you want to do and not being able to do it... our Generations Quarter Life Crisis. In order for me to get out of mine I had to move to Miami... even though it feels like a foreign country, sometimes. I can applaud her for her choice to go to school abroad.
So I say - with a Stongbow in my hand - Congrats Colleen! Congratulations on getting on with your 1/4 life crisis... and moving on to London. Just be ready for a visit!





No comments: