Saturday, June 21, 2008

Miami Evenings...


Finally, the weekend has arrived!  I sat out on our balcony last night looking up at the night sky and watching the sun set over Dadeland.  After living in eastern NC for 18 years and living in the suburbs of Kendall I finally feel as if I live in a big city!   And I love every minute of it.  Last night I sat outside for about 2 hours and just watched the cars drive by, listen to the metro rail, goal tend the railing so the cats don't fall over, look at the city lights, and enjoying a glass of Strawberry Riesling (from that cute winery outside Tampa that I stopped off at last tour).  It was a perfect start to a much needed weekend after a really crappy Miami-Tropics wet week.  Kevin and I went to our old Target Thursday in search of the patio chairs he wanted.  Target just put them on sale and by the time we figured out - our Target was sold out.  So we headed to West Kendall.  There they were... we even got a new little chair for Lillian (not sure she liked the fact that I told her she had to share when Jayden and Tyler visit- cause I have to pry her out of it to get her inside.   Then again maybe she likes being outside on the balcony too.)  When we got back from Target we sat outside playing Phase 10 and drinking a bud for an hour and a half till I really needed to go to bed.  Last night I fell asleep out there waiting for Kevin to come home from work.  It's silly, but I think this is my new favorite room in our new place.  

No comments: