Sunday, July 18, 2010

It only took 1 week...

I will be the first to say that this pregnancy was not the easiest. Morning sickness all day for the first 4 months, the pre term labor episodes, and the painful last 10 weeks. Kevin was beginning to wonder if she was going to be it. I was miserable except for the 10 weeks in the middle. I was starting to wonder myself.

One evening while we were at Gina and Eric's this discussion came up. I stated how I didn't think I could do this (physically) again. Gina just laughed and said "Just wait! The curse will hit you!" The curse? What curse? Gina goes on to explain the mommy forgetful curse... "It's makes you forget all about the pain of pregnancy and delivery and you'll think I could do this again."
In my head I'm saying "yeah, right! Like I'm gonna forget this!"

Well... Ainsley has only been here for a week! I delivered her 6 days ago... We just left the hospital 3 days ago... And as we drove down Kendall Drive towards Outback I felt this wave of peace and happiness come over me. I started laughing to myself. Kevin asked what was so funny. I couldn't tell him... I thought to myself... The mommy forgetful curse had struck...

I could do this again!

No comments: