Sunday, July 11, 2010

The "Waiting Game"... Day 2: 1 week and 3 days 'til our due date.

So here I am playing the "Waiting Game"... Just waiting for the Stork to arrive.

At our last doctors visit (last Tuesday) Dr. Jimenez said it could happen any day now. I just wanted to make it to Friday. Well... Friday has come and gone! I now have the feeling she is going to be around (in my round little belly) a little bit longer.

Kevin still has the date 7/14/10 picked as the date she will arrive. So we shall see when Wednesday gets here.

It's hard not to think of anything but "when will she get here?".  And being on maternity leave isn't helping. There isn't much for me to do around here to get ready for her arrival (thanks to my mom). My hospital bag is packed. Two weeks worth of her clothes have been washed. I even packed a diaper bag last night because I had nothing else to do.

I've been reading sites for any ideas of what to do during this time and one suggestion was plan one big thing to do each day. Yesterday, I decided I would walk around the mall. So I headed to Merrick Park. I had a nice morning walking around and even got Kevin some chocolate at Godiva for his snack bag. By the time I got up to Boarders I was tired and ready to go. I was successful in leaving there and not spending the baby's college education at Tiffanys, Coach, and Jimmy Choo's.

Today was a different story. I had planned to go to Target and get snacks for Kevin. But by the time I got up, the place was a mad house. So today I stayed at home reading and resting.

Tomorrow I hope to get to Target and spend some time outside of the house.

I started having some more lower pressure/ pains around 11pm. Kevin says it's because she's gonna start arriving in 48 hours. I just laughed and said "we shall see...".

As of today, Sunday, July 11, 2010, We are in the 3rd trimester at 38 weeks 4 days (9 & 1/2 months).

No comments: