Monday, December 12, 2011

12 Days Before Christmas...

3 New Pairs of Pjs... and A Random Act of Kindness

Day 1:  Buy New Holiday PJs for Christmas Eve


This year we decided to try something different.  Instead of just a regular advent calendar we are going to do a holiday themed activity to count down the days to Christmas.  It's our new holiday tradition.  

I arrived home with a list of fun things to do and we quickly headed out to Sir Pizza for dinner.  As we ate pizza I filled Kevin in on my "New" idea.  I showed him the list and to my joy he was as excited as I was to attempt this.  At that point I realized I had left off "Visit Santa" on the list.  I guess that is a given for all families but I need a reminder.  We decided that we would make today an easy day and "Buy New Holiday Pjs" would be our first holiday adventure. 

We headed to Old Navy.  They have a pretty good selection and for a good price.  It's pretty much the go-to place for us every year.    

When we drove up Kevin noticed the Blood Donor drive.  He turned to me and said "I'd like to do my Random Act of Kindness tonight."  So Ainsley and I headed into the store and Kevin headed in to donate.  

He was in there for over an hour. Because of his size and his vain type (which his is most proud of) he was able to give Red Blood Cells.  This process is more involved than say just me going in and giving blood.  ** According to Kevin: This process takes his blood and separates the blood cells and then pumps the blood back into him.  It cuts down the time his "Gift" gets to the hospitals.  As always... he had some dizzy issues which is why he was in there for so long.  Kevin said that they had been out there for over 3 hours and he was the 3rd person to donate.  Which I felt really bad about.  They said it's the slowest time of the year for people to donate.  If Kevin hadn't taken so long I would have donated myself but after an hour there was no way Ainsley would last any longer.    

After Kevin had finished we walked into the store and picked out our pjs.  Ainsley got a cute pair with a Monkey.  I picked out a pair with Reindeer.  And Kevin (our fearless leader) got the Pirate Christmas pants with the Jolly Roger wearing a Santa Hat.

I can't wait to see everyone in their pjs on Christmas Eve.    


  
          

No comments: