Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Book Exchange



A few weeks ago we received this letter in the mail from Heidi.  It was a letter inviting us to be a part of a book exchange.  I have gotten a few of these "letters" in the past but we had never taken part in the activity.

This one instructed us to:
1. Mail a book to the child in position 1
2. Make 12 copies of the blank form.  On 6 of the forms write the childs info in position 2 in postion 1 and adding our information to position 2. 
3. Mail 6 letters (including the new filled in form and a blank form for each letter) to 6 of your friends.

It stated that if everyone does this than our child will receive 36 books in the mail.  Now I know the odds of everyone that receives this letter participating is very low.  But I think the idea of this is very cool.  So we thought what the heck.  Let's participate.  Even if we don't end up get any books in return what did we lose? $5 on a book and $1.50 on shipping?  Kevin and I both felt that this was our chance to gift the gift of reading to a little boy we have no prior connection to. 

We headed to Barnes and Noble to get a book.  We were looking for a book for a 2 year old little boy named Taylor.  I instantly thought... Curious George.  What little boy (or girl) doesn't end up loving this adorable little monkey?  And then we found it... Curious George at the Baseball Game.  It was the perfect book to come from our family.    


Inside I wrote: 

To Taylor 
From Ainsley
Book Exchange 2012                



I hope Taylor likes his book.  I hope he loves the adventures it will take him on. 

I know he will never know why we picked that book for him.  He will never know that Curious George was a part I once played.  And he will never know Kevin's love for baseball. 

But he will know that a little girl (that he never met) gave him a book. And that is worth more than 36 books in the mail.     



No comments: