Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Here... look at my Baby!

Sometimes I think that's all I say!  Well... maybe not say  it but that's how I feel.  I have always known I never wanted to be "That" parent.  You know what I am talking about.  We all know them.  They are everywhere.  The parents that post every photo of their kid, tweet, or status update about every little thing that they do.  Everything from their first tooth to pooping in the toilet.  No... I knew I didn't want to be "That" parent.       
But some days I feel like I have crossed that line too many times.  Not a day goes by where Ainsley doesn't do or say something funny or new. I am constantly grabbing my phone to capture it. It's not that I am one of "those" parents who has to share all the amazing accomplishments she does. I don't post them to brag about how advanced she is.  I post them so you... my family and friends... will not feel like you are missing out on her growing up. Or at least that is just what I tell myself to keep me feeling that I am NOT "That" parent.  I promise not to update you with every moment in her life.  Because I am sure you all don't want to know everything that we do. And... sorry... I will not be bloging or taping the potty training sessions.  Sorry!

Anyway...
 
Kevin and I have been talking about our goals for 2012 since before Christmas.  I am really excited to unveil our "OPERATION 2012" project in the next few weeks.  Instead of resolutions this year (which we always end up dropping by the end of January)  we decided to focus on the year itself.  What do we want to accomplish by the end of 2012?  And we have the entire year to "Make It Happen!" 

I bring this up because one of the things that I want to work on for this year is posting regularly on our blog.  Not just for us.  But for our kids in the years to come and for our family and friends.  Ever since we got the iphone posting has gotten a bit easier but I have needed the computer to do multiple photos and video.  That was until now.  This new iphone 4S is amazing.  And thanks to it I am able to take photos and video (sometimes) and instantly load them up to our blog.  So this explains all the multiple video postings of Ainsley these past few weeks. 

I would like to post more updates about Ainsley and the things she is interested in.  I tried to make this my goal last year but that sort of failed.  So I have made it my goal, once more.  This time with the goal of blogging at least three times a month.  So... I want to apologize if it seems like all I do some months is post photos or videos of Ainsley.  Because there might come a month where I cross that line again and become "That" parent.   

No comments: