Sunday, January 29, 2012

Letters to Ainsley: 18 Months Old

Dear Ainsley

It's hard to believe that you're 18 months old. I knew this time would fly by fast but what I was not prepared for was how quickly you would grow up. You're definitely not a baby anymore. You are a little girl. The days of you getting excited for an adventure in the stroller are long gone. You much rather walk or run to where we are going. You find clever ways of getting up out of your bed and onto your changing table. And you no longer want mommy and daddy to feed you. You must feed yourself.

I'm so proud of my independent little girl. But at times it gets frustrating. For both mommy, daddy, and you.

We are working hard on developing your language. You know words such as Apple and ball... mommy and daddy. You love to count to the number three always skipping the number one. You love to point to your eyes, nose, head, hair, and ears. Sometimes even pointing to the right one. Your favorite words are Kitty and Bubbles. Even though you have said tons of words your verbal communication is more like gibberish. But we keep working on them.

You love music. At night we listen to rock-a-bye baby on Pandora. Your favorite station is Pete's Dragon. You love the music from Pete's Dragon. If a song is playing from something thats not Pete's Dragon you try to exit out and enter back in hoping to get a new song. And your favorite song is Attaboy by Yo-Yo Ma... You love to clap and snap along to the music. And we can't forget the peanut butter jelly song. You love dancing to the peanut butter jelly song. Grandpa should be very proud... you dance a lot like him. Daddy and I get a kick watching you do "the Wayne". And that is proof that somethings just come from within.

We love to sing songs like the bitsy spider and head shoulders knees and toes. You think I'm really funny when I sing for you. I guess there's one plus to me performing for thousands of children these past eight years.

Toys that you love playing with are your picnic basket and tea party set. You want your kitty Marie, pink blanket, and your dolly (ugly naked baby) to go every where with you. And now that they have a baby doll stroller to stroll them around in I am sure they will. We got you a cute little kitchen set for Christmas and you love it. Oh... And we can't forget your purses. You love your purses.

Your favorite snacks are apples, Motts chews, and gold fish. The holidays also gave you a taste of sweets and you do love your cookies. You love to drink from the straw and we are working on drinking from a little cup (not sippy).

You have several books that you always pick up to read. My favorite to read to you is the Very Busy Spider.

I'm currently teaching my 7th week out of 13 weeks and our time together is limited. A lot of our time together is during the hour drive home. I've tried to make that our music time introducing you to all different types of music. Somedays I even make that story time and we listen to Harry Potter. I miss you a lot during the day. Daddy says I have the best part... I get to pick you up and see your happy face. He gets the tears and crying when he drops you off. All I know is I look at photos of you everyday when I teach and wish I was with you instead.

At your visit with Dr. Miller we found out that you are 4" away from riding the Pteranadon Flyers and The Hippogriff, 8" away from the Simpsons, 10" from MIB, and 16" from the Mummy. I always joke about making you a growth chart based on ride heights. Maybe we need to actually make you one.

I can't wait till March when I am done with teaching and spring camp is over. I can't wait to spend my days with you again... Just don't grow up too much from now until then.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This made me tear up just a little bit. :)

-Auntie Leenie