Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cooking with Baby: Brunswick Stew (crockpot/ leftovers recipe)

January 12, 2012

I love it when I make a great dish. It makes me feel like I actually have some skills in the kitchen.

I love it even more when I can take those leftovers and make it even better. That's what I did tonight! Are you ready for this? I made one of my favorite southern dishes from the leftover BBQ pork dish I made the other day and the left over chicken from last nights Publix Chicken Dinner.

I really didn't have a recipe to work from to create this... Just a common ingredient list:
1 pound smoked pulled pork
1/2 pound smoked pulled chicken
1/2 pound smoked pulled turkey
1 pound smoked chopped beef brisket
1 ((number 10) can crushed tomatoes
1 quart drained yellow corn kernels
1 quart drained baby lima beans
1 quart or more quality chicken stock or broth

I took out the left over meat and strained the sauce (discarding the onions) from the crockpot. I then returned the sauce back to the pot. Next I added 1 can of crushed tomatoes, 1 bag of frozen corn, and 1 bag of frozen Lima beans. I shredded up some of the left over fried chicken and threw it in. And topped it off with some chicken broth (1 box). I then cooked it on low for 4 hours since everything was already cooked. It was delish. I might even say better than the stuff I dream about back home.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: