Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Week 28: Our Little Cabbage

It’s hard to believe we are now hitting week 28!  Only 12 more to go!  These past few weeks have really flown.  In January I felt like this time was so far away... but now with the due date drawing near I am starting to wish time would slow down.    

This week "baby" weighs about two and a quarter pounds and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. It amazes me that she is nearly as tall as she will be at birth.

So you are probably wondering which vegetable would that make her this week?  A little cabbage!  Our little cabbage! 

She can also can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. Which has me praying that she will have my eyebrows and not Kevin's huge caterpillars.  But it also has me wondering what color eyes she will have.  Will she have blue eyes like Kevin and me? Or will she get her color from someone else in our family?  

I think this is the first time (during the entire pregnancy) that we have actually started talking about what we think she might look like.  Who will she favor? Who will she take after in looks and personality?  As much as I wish time would slow down both Kevin and I are very excited to meet her.  Kevin has often stated these past few days that he can not wait till she gets here.  She's not even here yet, but she is already very much a part of our family, who we are, and our lives.   


(Our Litte Cabbage - 28 Weeks)

No comments: