Friday, June 24, 2011

Letters to Ainsley

Dear Ainsley,

The other day I saw a commercial that made think of you... It was about how a Dad used the Internet to write letters to his daughter (from the time she was born till she is old enough to read them).

I try really hard to update our blog every once in a while with things that are going on in our lives, how you are growing up, or other random things. But I never thought to use it as a form to communicate to you now... For the future. There are so many things I want to tell you... Words of wisdom... Or other silly stories... But I know I will forget about them before you are old enough to understand.

So... Here is your first story...

I started teaching camp at the theater last week. But by Thursday of the 2nd week you had enough of me being away from you. Yesterday morning (around 5:30) you woke up screaming a scream that I can only describe as a nightmare scream. I rushed in to console you and as soon as I walked up to your bed you popped up and grabbed onto me. You held on to me as if your life depended on it. I sat down in the chair and you just curled up and fell back asleep. When I went to leave a few hours later you just looked up at me and the little sad face you make washed over your happy face. My heart just broke.

Then last night I could not get you to calm down to go to sleep. As soon as we took you in your room you just grabbed onto me and started crying. I finally took you back out to the living room and you curled up in my arms and fell asleep. I couldn't put you in your room... So you slept with us.

This morning was the same thing... You saw me in bed and smiled your happy morning smile but as soon as I started to leave that smile turned into a frown. Daddy is off today so i know you will love being with him! He even said he would bring you to come visit me while we were at lunch.

I know you don't understand now... But I love you so very much. I don't want you to ever think or feel that I don't! Or (heaven forbid) think that I am leaving you for forever! It's good for us to have time apart. This will help you be more independent and an even stronger little girl... And one day woman!

Tomorrow is Saturday and we have 2 whole days together! I am so excited! I know that by the end of Sunday you will be tired of me. And there are only 6 more weeks of camp and then I am all yours again!

Love you,
Mommy

No comments: