Monday, June 27, 2011

Nothing good happens after... 11?

Last night we had an adventure... One I hope to never have again but I am sure we will.

I'll set the scene 11:30pm. Our living room.

I was sitting at the table ordering photos from Shutterfly (I received 25 free prints on Saturday after we left for Key West and had to get them by yesterday).

So I am sitting at the table, on the computer, and Kevin has Ainsley. She keeps crawling around. (poor kid was stuck in either her stroller or car seat all day and finally fell asleep on the way home).

She sees that I am on the computer and scurries over to me. (she loves the computer and hitting the key board). Anyway... Kevin comes over and starts playing with her but all she wants is that lap top. So he picks her up and puts her on her shoulders. Next thing I know there is a crash and I look down and there is glass everywhere. She had grabbed a glass that was on the table. It fell and broke on Kevin's head. I look down and his leg is bleeding... Like bleeding. I swoop up Ainsley who is freaking out and I run to get a towel. (I am sure Kevin's version has me running around asking if his femoral artery was cut and if I needed to call 911. I just say that means I care...)

I try to vacuum up the glass but Ainsley is freaking out. And to be honest I was sort of freaking out because Kevin kept saying he was fine and was bleeding like crazy. I mean this is the same guy who hurt his back and ended up sitting on the arm rest of the couch staring at a wall for a few hours saying he was watching tv. So I'm not always trusting when he says he's fine. I end up finding out his head is cut as well.

We eventually bandage up Kevin and try to put her to bed... I pray we never have that happen again. And I am so thankful everyone is ok.

Kevin wanted to put up bloody photos on Facebook saying "what do you think happened?" I didn't think it was funny. But I did want to share.

No comments: