Friday, November 20, 2009

Babies on the Brain.... 24/7!

Today I called and made our first Doctors appointment. We are scheduled for next Wednesday morning. After I got off the phone with the nurse I suddenly realized… I'm terrified of needles, shots, having blood taken... How am I going to survive the next 9 months?

But that quickly became the least of my thoughts that were bouncing around in my brain! Thoughts about Babies and this pregnancy were going nonstop. Once I started thinking about one aspect it would lead to another… and then another… and another.

It hasn’t even been 24 hours from learning that we were expecting and I have already started thinking of ways we can announce the pregnancy to our close friends and family. We have already decided that want to tell my parents and Kevin’s mom in person. It is very important to us that we make this announcement very special for everyone.

I would like to do the same for our close friends as well. There are just certain people in our lives that I don’t want them hearing about it over Facebook. We are still a bit torn about when we should share the news with others. We would like to wait till the beginning of the 2nd trimester but I am not sure we can wait.

Some ideas that I found online have been:
Picture frames with ultra sound inside,
A picture book
A little outfit with I heart grandma on it
A card from baby saying I can't wait to meet you.

I started talking to “it” today. It feels weird calling “it” an “it” but I can’t think of any other thing to call it right now that won’t get my hopes up. So until I can find a nickname “it” is what it will be. I did ask what I could do to help make it stick. I also told “it” I would try to be the best mother I could... There are so many things I want to show them. Places I want them to see... Things to be exposed to. I just hope this little one will be around for a while.

I also thought I would start keeping track of any little random thoughts that I would have throughout the day and share them. Since there have also been some changes in me physically I thought a little part of these postings could be dedicated to how my body is changing due to the pregnancy. Today, I had tons of random thoughts and physical observations!
· Smells. I can smell everything! And I mean everything! I have officially turned into a bloodhound. Maybe I should get a job working for the police….
· My boobs freaking hurt! Any little movement has me feeling like I did after my biopsies. Am I going to have to live in a sports bra for the next 9 months?
· Cravings! So it seems like the only thing I am craving right now is a Beer! Go figure!
· I started having cramps today. This has me a little worried because I have heard cramping is not a good sign. I’m trying not to think about it but it’s hard. I know the chances of this pregnancy not sticking are like 50%... I just don't want to get our hopes up and then end up with disappointment! And these pregnancy websites are really not helping. But I can’t stop thinking about it! It’s like I have this pregnancy on my brain 24/7.
· This holiday season to our anniversary will be a memorable one for us... Good or bad. The week of our anniversary will be the last week of the first trimester. So we will either have a rough season or a joyfull one!

No comments: