Thursday, February 3, 2011

January's Scarf: Winter Love

I picked up this lovely blue yarn on our last trip to Key West. The bead and fabric embellishments drew me to it. At first I overwhelmed with it but I bought it anyway! After making baby blankets and baby hats it was suggested that I make something for myself. (Something for myself? Crazy talk!) I struggled for days to find the perfect pattern to knit my scarf. Everything I did just did not seem right. And after 6 do-overs I found one that I liked.

I had been eyeing a knitted blanket by Susan B Anderson for a while now. I am in love with one of the squares (Andalusian Stitch Square). I decided to to use that pattern for this scarf. My goal was to finish this so I can wear it on our anniversary (and an easy test run to make my own blanket). it took me a few days to finish but I did complete it on the day of our anniversary. Just in time for dinner and our first night out (alone) since the baby arrived.

So here it is... I call it "Winter Love". The blue reminds me of the sky in January before the snow comes.

As far as a scarf length... It's a bit short for my taste. But I tied it like a tie and wear it loose like a necklace. I guess it's my baby friendly jewelry.

To make your own "Winter Love"
Cast on 20
Row 1: Knit
Row 2: Purl
Row 3: k1, p1* repeat to end
Row 4: Purl

No comments: