Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Bar is Open...

Tonight (as we are driving up to Orlando) I came upon this post on BabyCenter. I usually ignore the "mommy complaint" articles but this one caught my attention. Maybe it was the title...
Anyway it was about how this group of moms pretty much have a vent session. And they call it "Bar is Open!" like your sitting at the bar venting to a bartender about your problems.
It got me thinking... I really don't vent to anyone about what's troubling me. So why not put it out there? Get it off my back...

So here I go...

"I have some sort of sinus infection that started yesterday. I cant stop sneezing and blowing my nose. I slept on a chair in the baby's room last night because I was afraid I would crush her and not know it because I was drugged up on Nyqul. Today (while I was making baby food) the baby fell out of her bouncer (I forgot to buckle her in) and onto our tile floor. I felt so bad I didn't put her down for 5 hours. We are now on our way to Orlando (hubby has a meeting tomorrow) and traffic is horrible. I'm sitting here listening to my husband talk about how tired he is, how over weight he is, etc. He says he wants an hour each day to exercise... I just want 10 minutes to take a shower.... Add just a few money issues and nothing to wear for a wedding on Saturday top off my day!

I never would do this in real life... But serve me up a Rita in a plastic cup with a straw... I've got a long drive ahead of us."

It actually worked. I fell so much better. I'm going to have to do these "Bar is Open" more often!

No comments: