Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday Night Knitting

So here I am knitting and blogging on this fine Saturday night. How exciting my life has become since becoming a mother. Not that you could pay me to go out anywhere on Valentines Day weekend.

But any way... I'm sitting in the parking lot waiting for Kevin to get off from work. Today was another "Baby Swap" day where we had to rush from one job to the next so we have to pick Kevin up. Around 9pm someone started getting a bit fussy (no... Not me). So I figured that putting the baby in the car and letting her fall asleep would be easier than trying to make a "I'm-tired-and-I-don't-want-to-sleep" baby happy.... It also gives me some "me" time. And before we got here she was out. So I am taking this time to get a cup of coffee and work on a new scarf (and blog...).

I grabbed some red yarn and my needles before heading out tonight... And after looking through a book I picked up at the library (Knitting: the complete guide by Jane Davis) I found a new pattern I want to try. The red yarn (left over from the apple hat I was making for the baby) will make a great v-day scarf. I can't wait to see what it will look like. Unfortunately, taking photos was sort of impossible...
There's nothing like sitting in your car on a chilly Miami night, listening to Yo Yo Ma, and knitting by parking lot light.

No comments: