Friday, February 11, 2011

Trip to the Knaus Berry Farm



There are lots of memories that I have of Miami as a child. I remember riding my bike around Country Walk with my Grandmother (as she followed in her house dress sipping a glass of wine). I remember trips to the library and Don Carters Bowling center (which is now a Panera Bread, Starbucks, and Pei Wei) with my dad. I remember losing my doll at the zoo on a visit with my Grandpa. But one memory I remember fondly is the Knaus Berry Farm!



I remember the smell of the cinnamon buns like it was yesterday. Every time we step into the bakery I take a deep breath. And... Childhood. I'm as excited as I was those many years before. My pulse races as I worry (as I did then) about them selling their last bun to the person in front of me. Which has never happened... By the way.



So it's no surprise that when November arrives I am crazy over this place. This cute, family owned farm (owned by German Baptist) is down in the Redlands. Honestly, if it were closer... I would probably be there every day.



The last time we went was when my mom and dad visited before Ainsley was born. We wanted to take Jayden and pick strawberries. It was the last weekend (they are closed May-Nov) and to our dismay there were no picking to be picked. That didn't stop us from stocking up on cinnamon buns and shakes.



This has always been something that I knew I wanted to do when I had kids... I wanted to take my kids to the Knaus Berry Farm. A memory of my childhood that would hopefully be passed down for theirs. I know that Ainsley won't remember today... But we will. As her first trip to (watch Mommy and Daddy) pick strawberries, eat cinnamon buns, and enjoy chocolate shakes.


No comments: